Tuesday, 25 November 2014
HIMACHAL PRADESH PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Naib Tehsildar 23 Nov 2014
Time Allowed: 2 Hours Maximum Marks: 120
1. Who led the 1857 war of independence in Gwalior ?
a. Nana Sahib
b. Rani Lakshmi Bai
c. Tatya Tope
d. Begum HazratMahal
2. In which year did Gandhijui set up (All India) HarijanSevakSangh ?
3. Which of the following reduced the age for entry into ICS from 21 to 19 years ?
a. Lord Ripon
b. Lord Curzon
c. Lord Lytton
d. Lord Dufferin
4. When was the capital of India Shifted from Calcutta to Delhi ?
5. Under which Act provision was made for the first time for the election of some non-official members in the Central and Provincial Legislative Councils ?
a. Indian Councils Act, 1861
b. Indian Councils Act, 1892
c. Indian Councils Act , 1909
d. Government of India Act, 1919
6. What is the name of the Journal in which BalgangadharTilak wrote an article for which he was pot on trial in 1908 ?
a. Bharat Mata
7. Which elite group of Muslimsorganised the Shimla Deputation to Lord Minto in October 1906 pleading for separate electorates ?
a. Deoband group
b. Bengal group
c. Dacca group
d. Aligarh group
8. At which session did the Congress Party for the first time demanded Swaraj/Swashasan ?
9. In which conspiracy case was V.D. Savarkar deported in October 1910 ?
a. Kanpur Conspiracy Case
b. Kakori Conspiracy Case
c. Nasik Conspiracy Case
d. Alipore Conspiracy Case
10. What was the periodicity of publication of Gadar ?
11. When did Madan Mohan Malaviya leave the SwarajParty ?
12. When was All India Workers and Peasants Party set up ?
13. Which state of India is situated on border of Afghanistan ?
c. J & K
d. Himachal Pradesh
14. Which state of India has the longest coastline ?
15. What is the approximate number of big and small island in Andaman and Nicobar group of Islands ?
16. Which river’s source is Verinag ?
17. Which of the following cities is on the bank of Chambal river ?
18. In which state is Kaziranga Tiger Reserve ?
c. Arunachal Pradesh
19. By what name is shifting cultivation called in Kerala ?
20. Where is the headquarters of Central Railway ?
d. Mumbai (V.T.)
21. What is the state tree of Karnataka ?
22. What is the female literacy rate in India (2011 Census) ?
a. 65.46 percent
b. 71.06 percent
c. 74.04 percent
d. 82.14 percent
23. From where has the constitution of India borrowed the idea of Concurrent List ?
24. What term is used for the Presidential powar of substituting one form of punishment by another of a lighter form ?
25. Which Vice-President of India had the longest tenure ?
a. V.V Giri
b. B.D Jatti
c. Dr. S.Radhakrishnan
d. G.S Pathak
26. Who was Deputy Prime Minister of India during 1989-91 ?
a. Charan Singh
b. Devi Lal
c. L.K ADVANI
27. What is total number of members in the Public Accounts Committee in India ?
28. Where is the Seat of Chhattisgarh High Court ?
29. Which commission proposed that the appointment of Governor of State should be done by a committee consisting of the Prime Minister,HomeMinister,LokSabha Speaker and the Chief Minister of the concerned State ?
a. Sarkaria Commission
b. Punchhi Commission
c. Venkatachalia Commission
d. National Judicial Commission
30. What term is used for the estimate of advance payment to the government to carry on its work till the Appropriation Bill ?
a. Vote on credit
b. Finance Bill
c. Vote on Account
d. Supplementary Budget
31. Which of the following is included in the Tertiary sector of India Economy ?
32. What is the proposed growth target in Draft approach to the Twelfth Five YearPlan ?
a. 6 percent
b. 8 percent
c. 9 percent
d. 10 percent
33. In which Five Year Plan was the idea of Inclusuve Development first emphasized ?